No matter how you listen to Internet Radio in your car,
ALWAYS AVOID BEING DISTRACTED while driving.
There are two ways you can listen to Internet Radio in your car:
- Fully integrated with the car’s stereo controls
This requires you to have a car capable of this function (currently BMW and MINI). You still need a smartphone with a data plan, but you don’t have to touch your phone to listen to internet radio.
- Connecting your smartphone to your car’s stereo
this requires that you connect your car’s standard stereo to any smartphone running TuneIn Radio or TuneIn Radio Pro. For the most part, this requires additional equipment. We’ve outlined the best ways to do this below.
- If your car stereo has an aux input, you can use an audio cable with a 1/8″ (3.5mm) plug on both to connect the headphone jack on your smartphone to the aux input on your car stereo. After you connect, just put your car in aux mode and enjoy internet radio.
- If your car has a USB input, you can use a cable with a USB plug on one end and an adapter on the other end that attaches to your phone. For many smartphones, this cable comes with the phone and is used for charging. After you connect, just put your car in aux mode and enjoy internet radio.
- If your car stereo has a cassette player, you can get a cassette adapter with a 1/8″ plug to connect the headphone jack on your smartphone to the aux input on your car stereo. After you connect, just put your car in “tape” mode and enjoy.
- If your car stereo does not have any of the features outlined above, it’s still possible to listen to internet radio in your car, although the sound quality will not be optimal.
- Only use your mobile device when allowed by law and conditions permit safe use.
- Always set up your mobile device and tune in before beginning to drive.
- Avoid interacting with your mobile device while the car is moving.
- Never let your use of a mobile phone distract you from driving. Always drive safely, with your attention on the road
Information provided by Tunein internet radio services @ http://www.tunein.com